About Zino's top 10

It all started with the Padres and their losing ways... They inspired me to write a list of reasons why they stunk. I was laughing out loud writing it, yes I know I laugh at my own jokes, and thought it might be fun to share the list with others.
I love the Scott & BR show on XX1090 am, my kids and I listen to it every morning on the way to school, and so I thought the two of them reading it on their show would really be fun. I sent the list to Scott and Marty (morning show producer), and was surprised to quickly get a positive response from Scott. There was one catch though, he wanted me to do it on the air...
I can have a fairly thick accent, particularly early in the morning, but Scott really wanted me to do it, and so I did. It was apparently well received, although I think they liked the name zino more then the top 10 list, and so they wanted me to do it again and so I did...
I sent the 2nd radio bit to a few friends and they all wanted me to keep sending it to them. I created this blog to share the lists with them and all the Scott & BR fans.
Please jump in and comment, on the lists or anything you care about, I enjoy the feedback...

zino

Friday, May 16, 2008

Top 10 reasons the Padres stink

This was my first top 10... The Padres are so bad, the list wrote it self... I had enough for at least two lists... I probably will have to do an encore... Like "top 10 reasons the Padres stink Part deux". We'll see where they are at in a few weeks...
Anyway here is the original list:

10 - Beer is too expensive, so fans can't get drunk enough to heckle the other team
9 - Players are listening to Sandy Alderson and are trying to get on base without swinging the bat
8 - Kouzmanof thinks the crowd is booing him when they chant "Koooz"
7 - 3rd base coach Hoffman is jealous of his brother and is calling the wrong signs to make us lose
6 - Hells Bells CD has a scratch on it
5 - Josh Bard threw out a couple of runners and now considers himself a defensive catcher
4 - Petco has bad Feng Shwai and its messing up Tadahito Iguchi's swing
3 - Edmunds thought he was coming to San Diego to retire and enjoy the warm weather
2- Too much pressure from the immense talent in the minor league system.

And the number one reason the Padres stink..

1 - John Moores is divorcing his wife and is trying to reduce the value of the padres

Take a listen to the radio show. It all went very smooth and I think Scott & BR liked the name zino even more then the list.. My part starts about 2:20 min into the show...

No comments: